Monday, May 3, 2010

The Saga Begins...

Our birth story lasts a few days so I decided to break it down into 3 posts! Here we go...This may be TMI for you but hey I want to remember this!

Thursday, March 18, 2010

38 weeks pregnant

I had reluctantly taken a half day of school for a routine appointment. I was annoyed that I had to take it but hey they had NO other openings! Anyway I show up at the appointment ALONE. Brandon was working nights so he was asleep. So, they hook me up for a nonstress test (this was nothing out of the ordinary because I had a high level of fluid so I had and ultrasound and NST done each week). I am just sitting there listening to my sweet boy's heart go crazy and him boucing around trying his best to kick the monitor off when the NST nurse seemed concerned with my chart. So she sent me over to ultrasound. The doctor let me know that my blood pressure was through the roof, my fluid was still high, and the baby's heartrate was dropping! The kind doctor said ever so calmly ..."We are sending you to the hospital for monitoring...you might have this baby today". WHAT!!! I was totally not prepared for this. So I head my little err big behind to the ER. As I said before I was alone so I called Brandon and then everyone else on the way to the ER. When I got there, they wheeled me up to Labor and Delivery. I got a real room because triage was full. They took me to my room and things got a little to real. All I could see in the room was the little table they put the baby on! The nurse hooked me up to the monitors and then we waited.... and waited...and waited. Four hours later Dr. Martin came in to check my charts. SUPRISE...they looked great but she took me out of work and sent me home to do a 12 hour urine collection. She scheduled an appointment for the next morning at 9 am ....to be continued :)
Where did my feet go?
Oh! How could you miss those things?

1 comment:

Kate said...

Can't wait to read the other 2, even though I was there for some of it! :)