March 19th....and 20th
I woke up nice and rested and headed to my appointment alone again! I was absolutely sure they wouldn't send me to the hospital so I told Brandon to stay home and rest. In the end that was a good plan! So I got to my appointment and had my bp checked and once again it was through the roof..off to ANOTHER NST and ultrasound. I didn't even make it into my doctors exam room when the nurse came by and said..."just a heads up, I think Dr. Martin is going to send you to have this baby today!" Once again I was SHOCKED. I guess I should be used to this by now! The doctor came out and said..."head to the hospital, it is time to be induced". I went home where Brandon was packing last minute things, picking up the house, and calling everyone. It was so calm at home...it was like a complete peace was with us the whole time. We got ready in about an hour and headed to the hospital...not without stopping for lunch and a milkshake for me. I was afraid of how long I would have to wait to eat! We got to the hospital and again I was wheeled up to L and D.
Induction
I was hooked up to an IV and ready to roll. We had lots of visitors before anything even happened. I was rushing to finish report cards because they were due the following Monday and my parents brought me dinner. It didn't take me long to find out that nothing happens fast at the hosptial. Eventually Dr. A came in and we went over the game plan. We would begin with a medicine called Cervadill. I would be on it for 12 hours then I could shower and eat before beginning another medication called Pitocin. A little later she came in and gave me the Cervadill. That friends was NOT an enjoyable experience. If you are a doctor doing something that may be painful PLEASE do not show the sheer horror of it all on your face! She made the worst face I think I have ever seen! Anyway.....Brandon and I tried to sleep while we waited for the Pitocin. We slept as much as you can with people coming in every 5 seconds but they were taking care of me and watching Lucas! I also had to go to the bathroom about every 5 minutes..that was no easy task with my iv and blood pressure cuff. As I said before NOTHING happens fast at the hospital. Well over 12 hours later the doctor came in to take out the Cervadill (about 5am) and checked my progress. I was 80% effaced and 1 cm dialated. I was allowed to eat, shower, and get ready for baby! A few hours later they hooked my Pitocin up through my IV. I hadn't felt any contractions until the Pitocin started. It started to get a little uncomfortable and the new doctor (Dr. Stockstill) came in and and broke my water...this was also not so enjoyable but this doctor did not make a horrific face. He just apologized and said I was doing great! I loved him from then on! I am so glad that did not happen at home on my bed...or anywhere for that matter! After about 4 hours on Pitocin he checked me again and I was dialated to a 2 1/2 to 3. I was ready for my epidural at that point. Let me just say that the epidural was GLORIOUS! I felt amazing after getting it and went to sleep for a few hours. He came in and checked me again and I hadn't progressed much. He said he could get me to dialate eventually but Lucas did not want to come down...he was content just where he was! The doctor said that he would come back in an hour to see if anything had changed and if not he would do a c section. At this point we had been there a little over 24 hours so I was ready for him to get my boy out! I just new I was going to have a c section so we called everyone to come to the hospital. Dr. Stockstill came in an hour later and little boy was still WAY up high and I had not progressed at all. So to the operating room we went! Not before I brushed my hair and put on some makeup of course!
My belly on the ride to the hospital..don't mind the crumbs from lunch!
Just hanging out at the hospital
Very sleepy but we wanted to document our fun lol!
Contractions...I think...I never really looked at that thing.
My very last belly pic at 38 weeks. This was after the cervadil and much needed shower.
1 comment:
Megan! I love that you're blogging your birthing experience! Lucas will be grateful to read about it one day! AND because I'm about to have my own birthing experience I am grateful for your honesty and willingness to share yours! It helps to read about it and know that it's something I can do too! :) Thanks and I can't wait to read about the rest!!!
Post a Comment