Friday, November 21, 2008

Switching to the Blue Team

It's finally official, I am leaving the sheriff's office and switching to the blue team. I start with the Roanoke City Police Department on December 2, and the academy starts December 15. This has been coming for a very long time, and I'm very excited to be making the switch. I am not excited, however, about running any distance in this 30 degree weather we've been having. But, the good news is when I'm done with this school, I'm done with it all. No waiting around to see if I am going back to another academy as I have been doing with the sheriff's office. I hate having to leave my friends, give up the SWAT team and losing the seniority I have, but this is for the better. I have always wanted to work as a patrol officer, and actually perform the law "enforcing" side, rather than be a baby sitter for grown adults. I will make updates throughout the academy, letting everyone know where I am at, what I am learning, and just keeping in touch.

1 comment: