Thursday, December 4, 2008

Bushes

Well, let me say that Highland park has many bushes/trees to throw up your breakfast next to, or in...as does Memorial bridge, a random picket fence and sides of stone walls. I don't know what's better, eat and have stuff to leave on these items, or don't and dry heave everywhere. But I'm not complaining, pain is only temporary. It was once said "Pain is weakness leaving the body." As one of my class mates pointed out, the man who said that is probably dead. I'll push through, there is no giving up. I love the job so far, all though all I've really done is shred paper (unbelievable amounts of paper, approximately 20 40-gallon garbage bags a day) and enter in citations into the computer. And, of course, there's been the physical training side of it. I surprised myself on day one. Did ok, but not great. And today I felt as if I was going to die. Rough day, brutally rough day. Of course, I'm sick and can't shake the sickness and that never helps when your doing 50+ pull-ups and who knows how many push-ups and ab exercises.

Tomorrow night, we'll be out doing "Blue Santa." A retired officer dresses in a blue santa suit and we hand out toys to the children in the hospital. A great time to give to the community we will one day serve and to make the kids day a little better. Next week: I am with Patrol doing ride-alongs, nutrition classes, Law-Fit testing and a brutal day on Thursday. The Academy officially starts December 15, so wish me luck. More to come

Brandon

1 comment:

Randy and Lindsay said...

EWWWWWWWW So the academy hasn't started yet and you are already doing all that physical stuff....WHEW!! I'm so proud of you...that's why I decided to not do anything with the police dept! :) haha! And what's up with all the shredding!?!? Don't they have a big machine to do that!!! Can't wait to hear how everything goes! Tell Bob Chandler Hi for us!! See you Sunday!