Thursday, August 30, 2007
Life Update and Lessons Learned
Well, it's been a while since I've updated this thing. Everything's great, Megan's still job searching, we might be putting an offer down on a house in the next couple of weeks, that all depends on Megan. No pressure or anything. I've learned a valuable lesson this week, well on Tuesday, and that is: Sunblock. So simple, but oh so valuable. I went to Ozzfest in Charlotte, temperature was in the nineties, probably high nineties, and the sun was blazing. Of course, I shaved my head on Sunday, avoided the outdoors on Monday, but was outside all day long, with no shade, moshing and head banging to extremely loud metal on Tuesday. It was awesome. Wednesday comes along, my head burns, but just appears to be burnt. I go to judo/bjj class, come home and Megan and I start to watch a movie. All of a sudden, I feel this liquid sensation oozing from my head. I go to the bathroom and look in the mirror, and my hair is literally yellow from all the puss escaping from my head. I had about 10 blisters all oozing this lovely amber colored gel-like puss from all over my head. I tried my best to keep it clean, but when I went to sleep I had no control over it. The pillow was disgusting, it looked as if someone dumped yellow dye all over it. Today, it's not bad, I'm scabbed, but no longer seeping fluids. Ozzfest was amazing, lasting from about 1:15 till about eleven(we left at 8:00, after L.O.G. played). Circle pits are amazing, so violent and brutal, but people are so polite and apologetic when someone gets knocked down. Second lesson learned from Ozzfest, well, not learned, more along the lines of a teaching lesson for some stoned out kid: don't punch someone in the head while in the pit...that's all I can really say (haha). Nile was cool, Devil Driver rocked, but Hatebreed owned that place. Needless to say, this was one concert Megan didn't come to. Well, sorry I dont' have any pictures of my oozing head, but here's a wedding pic, finally.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
WOW! You should have had a warning on the blog to not read while eating! :) HAHA! Sorry about your oozing head! Hope it's much better! You'll have to let us know about the house! Where is it?!?! I miss you guys...when we get back from the beach we need a rematch of Battle of the Sexes...and Meg...we need to dominate!!!! LOVE YOU GUYS!
Post a Comment