Saturday, August 11, 2007

OC Spray = Not a fun time

Alright, let me start off with this: I've been electrocuted by a Band-It at 50,000 volts for 8 seconds, I've been hit by a stun shield at 50,000 volts, I've been hit by asps, pistol punched, choked, punched, kicked, and everything else, but nothing compares to the unbelievable pain caused by OC Spray. Oleoresin Capsicum, technical name for OC, lit my face on fire today. The initial spray didn't effect me...the first station, knee strikes. I did my five, and still no effect. I moved onward, the open palm strike station: One, no problem...two, no problem...three, is it hot out here?...four, ow, that burns...five, CRAP, MY FACE IS ON FIRE!!! I move on, towards an armed suspect, fired one shot from 5-7 yards, center mass...dead center...great shot considering someone has taken a torch to my face and attempted to burn my eye out (watch Hostel). I cuffed the suspect, and walked off. I even wiped a nice bit of OC off my forehead and tasted it. OC Spray, amazingly, tastes a little like jalepeno peppers, just taken up a couple of notches, actually, a lot of notches (I'm demented). I grabbed a towel, soaked it in cold water and applied it to my face, the worst idea ever. Water made it worse, a lot worse. The only thing to do, if sprayed by OC, is to get air on your face. So I headed indoors, stood on a chair underneath an air conditioning vent. Ah, relief at last. About twenty minutes later, I'm good. Here's some info, in case you're wondering. On the Scoville Heat Unit scale, Jalepenos are 2500-8000 units, Habenero Chile is 100,000-350,000 units, and the OC Spray that covered my face today is rated at 2,000,000 units. So they next time I see you on intake, sitting on the bench, snot hanging from your nose, I feel for you brother. Let me buy you a Coca-cola....not really, next time, I bet you'll listen to the Police.

No comments: